These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

HD500 Set list
by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-10-16 11:21:58

Posted here because file uploads are not enabled in the POD HD forum at present.

This posting is in response to a request in the POD HD Forum for a Bundle or Set List with all the HD500 amp models arranged in a logical order with a CLEAN, SLIGHTLY DIRTY, CRUNCH and SOLO setting for each amp model

Custom set list for HD500 covering all 16 FULL amp models with each model being used four times within a bank (A, B, C and D) starting with a CLEAN setting at position A through to a boosted SOLO setting at position D.  Basic FX are included: Wah, Screamer, Analog Chorus, Digital Delay, Reverb and Volume pedal - same in every patch, however the higher gain amp models also have a Noise Gate added after the Screamer which is enabled in the SOLO (D) bank positions.  I haven't spent too long adjusting EQ, but have spent a little time levelling the preset volumes.  These presets are what they are, they are intended as building blocks for anyone who wants to tweak but with all the amp models laid out logically in a single set list, so hopefully some of the work needed to do this has been done for you.   When uploading this Set List to an HD500, make sure you select the destination set list location in HD500 Edit first and that you back up any customised presets that you've made yourself and that you want to keep first as a Set List will overwrite an existing set list entirely when uploaded.  When the new Set List appears in HD500 Edit you will need to select Send Set List in HD500 to send the settings permanently (until you decide to update or replace) to the HD500.  These presets are basic and they don't pretend to be anything other than that.  The amp model settings apart from Gain and Output Volume are at defaults as are all the FX used.  In most cases all FX are defaulted to OFF except Volume and in the preset D slot, where SCREAMER will be ON and depending on the amp model NOISE GATE may be on as well.

I hope the file is of some use to HD500 users who want the amp models organised like this.  If so, great, but if not just overwrite the settings in your HD500.  It works fine on my HD500 and combo power amp input, but different amplification systems will possibly render the sounds slightly differently. Your mileage may vary.

Regards

Nick

Re: HD500 Set list
by harpel on 2010-10-16 14:07:16

thanx for the work :-)

by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-10-16 14:24:33

No worries.  Hope the tones are of some use.

Nick

by ozbadman on 2010-10-19 10:24:44

Just adding the original Tone Bundles that came with the HD500 so people can load it up.

by whiteop on 2010-10-20 07:12:56

Thanks for the setlist. Appreciate your selflessness here on the forums. It says a lot about you...;)

by djmar2010 on 2010-10-21 13:56:00

To everyone who posted patches ... you guys ROCK....Thank you

Thanks Re: HD500 Set list
by fxsts60 on 2010-10-23 05:18:15

Thanks Nick you have been a great help.

Re: Thanks Re: HD500 Set list
by vandyman on 2010-10-24 19:46:50

Thank you so much!!  Whoopie!

I have a question though...

When I turn on the delay it won't let me tap the tempo for the delay.. it's off.

How do I enable the tap feature??

Thanks again!

Re: Thanks Re: HD500 Set list
by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-10-26 00:56:33

This is a default setting in your POD HD500 from the last firmware update rather than anything related to this Set List.  You'll find the control setting in the System Setup pages page 2 knob 2.

Nick

by circa33 on 2010-10-28 23:41:13

Nick

Thanks man...that really gives me a huge leap forward.

by ibeatsevero on 2010-11-11 18:54:33

awesome!!! will this work for my hd400? i'm new to this

by watchbr on 2010-11-15 03:12:46

Thanks for this! This is so useful, it should be part of the factory presets.

by silverhead on 2010-11-15 07:20:41

ibeatsevero wrote:

awesome!!! will this work for my hd400? i'm new to this

I re-created Nick's work as best I could for the HD300/400. Here's the link:

http://line6.com/community/thread/46833?tstart=0

by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-11-15 07:31:56

Hey

Thanks.  It actually didn't take too long to do given every preset in the set list is based on exactly the same (basic) set-up.  everything except the Drive and Channel Volume in every preset is at amp default settings.

Glad you're finding it useful

Nick

by rambochai on 2010-11-16 22:57:45

Thanks for the [16 x 4 Full Amps] setlist .

and the original pathc(come with HD500)

Help me alot .

by Lespaulidas on 2010-11-19 20:21:52

Nick,

Thanks for this.  Very helpful!

Do you happen to have a set of these for a DT50 setup (with all amps in PRE's)? 

Just thought I'd ask before I tweak all of these.

Paul

by bbenham on 2010-11-20 08:02:08

I just reworked the originals into PREs for myself last night.  You will notice some slight differences from Nicks since I took the opportunity to use my own template.  I assigned the channel volume on each amp to EXP-1 and threw the wah on EXP-2.  The ghosted foot switch settings are removed, and the effects slots in HD Edit are now in an order to satisfy the OCD in me .  I also centered out the mixer channels which seems to give the patches more punch through an amp.

Feel free to reassign the Expression pedals and add a volume pedal if you prefer.  Hope this helps.

Oh and I added a gate to the front because I have noisy electricity and a tele, be aware its enabled on each patch by default.  Feel free to turn off or remove it.  I didn't waste a footswitch on it.  Keep in mind these aren't "dialed in" sounds, but more of a template layout and set list file.  So expect a bit of time to get the tones the way you like them.

by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-11-20 08:53:27

Not yet - but I am about to do it

by bbenham on 2010-11-20 09:18:10

Sweet!  Now I don't have to go back and add volume pedals since I forgot you were using Ch Vol adjustments in the presets.

by Lespaulidas on 2010-11-20 19:00:37

Nice!   Thanks a lot bbenham!

This helps a lot.  I really like having this setlist for quick tone searches.  

God I love my DT50!

by bbenham on 2010-11-20 19:56:46

Let me know if you have any problems with non existent volume on patches 2C and up.  I had fixed that previously but realized I didn't delete the bad set list file.  I'll upload the corrected one if needed.

by blahblahdeleter on 2010-12-18 15:22:49

bbenham wrote:

I just reworked the originals into PREs for myself last night.  You will notice some slight differences from Nicks since I took the opportunity to use my own template.  I assigned the channel volume on each amp to EXP-1 and threw the wah on EXP-2.  The ghosted foot switch settings are removed, and the effects slots in HD Edit are now in an order to satisfy the OCD in me .  I also centered out the mixer channels which seems to give the patches more punch through an amp.

Feel free to reassign the Expression pedals and add a volume pedal if you prefer.  Hope this helps.

Oh and I added a gate to the front because I have noisy electricity and a tele, be aware its enabled on each patch by default.  Feel free to turn off or remove it.  I didn't waste a footswitch on it.  Keep in mind these aren't "dialed in" sounds, but more of a template layout and set list file.  So expect a bit of time to get the tones the way you like them.

And I just reworked your Set List for the 4 Cable Method so that there's an FX Loop after the amp and screamer for all models and patches. Also set the E.R. for the mike at 0% (my preference). So now anyone hooked up in the 4CM mode will be able to use this Set List also, with optimal tone as a result.

Cheers!

by desso on 2010-12-28 06:27:19

Thanks for this! This has really opened up a lot of starting points and usefullness for my HD500.

I'm working on reducing the effects on this set list, especially the reverbs and choruses.  To my ears they're a tad too much.  I know they are at factory defaults but for most situations I like a bit dryer sound.

I'd be glad to share a link to the file once it's done if there's any interest.

Thanks again to the OP for the time and effort!

by Xsample33 on 2010-12-28 16:11:43

I did this before noticing someone did the same thing as me... and more.

Well this is what I made, which is similar to what someone else did with Nicks 16 x 4 amp set list, minus the ... and more.

This is a set list of Nick's 16 x 4 amps, but only in pre-amps and nothing else changed or added.

Maybe someone will find this usefull... They are good if you want to use it in front of a tube amp or something like that.

Cheers everyone and thanks a lot to all of you who post stuff!!!!

by Crake on 2010-12-30 15:10:46

Just wanted to add my thanks to nickmattocks for the setlist, super useful!!!

by Studioratasshole on 2010-12-31 09:18:55

THANX ozbadman  you  are the man!

by Studioratasshole on 2010-12-31 09:24:42

Has anyone else had any problems saving set lists?  New to the edit software....BUT i am able to save and reload any set list EXCEPT the ...(((Songs / Style)))... set list?  very weird.

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-01-02 13:58:18

Studioratasshole wrote:

Has anyone else had any problems saving set lists?  New to the edit software....BUT i am able to save and reload any set list EXCEPT the ...(((Songs / Style)))... set list?  very weird.

This is a known issue.  The problem is that certain characters are illegal in terms of the computer operating system's file system.  You must rename the file before you save it so it doesn't include the '/' character.

Nick

by Studioratasshole on 2011-01-04 08:17:20

POD HD500 is def. Defective....  must of been made by the guy who was told...( Finish that unit clean out your locker and go home YOUR FIRED) lol.

Bringing it back to the store i wok at today.  very sad.  sounds great when it works.  Anyone else have any factory defects?  or did i get that one in a zillion unit?

by chriscq on 2011-01-07 03:19:06

Hey Nick,

Thanks man, those patches are a real big help for me!!! I couldn't find nice clean sounds but thanks to you not anymore........

Regards, Chris

by DanWaller25 on 2011-01-14 09:25:30

Many thanks for this bbenham. I've jost gone a bit mad and got a DT-50 and HD500, so these look like s sensible place to start to see what they can do. Plus I have very noisy mains, so the gate will save me putting them all in! Double thanks.

by daveschutt on 2011-01-23 09:48:01

First thanks to all for your efforts in helping the rest of us.  I'm coming into the game a little late here just got my HD500 this week.  Can someone clarify this for me, I understand what Nick did creating the simplified useable set list but I don't understand what the others variations on that setlist are.  Was one specifically for use with the DT-50?  And did Nick's not have a volume and wah pedal in presets?  Also, was the posting of the Original Bundle just for a backup in case someone overwrote their Factory Presets?

I primarily use my with the XLR direct out to FOH sound system and prefer having the volume/wah pedal on all the presets so I'm just trying to save time by figuring out which of the setlists would be the best starting point.

Also on the fence with the upgrade to 1.2, seems like there had been some problems with some of the higher gain models after that post, but were there other issues or bugs that were fixed?

Thanks,

Dave

by bbenham on 2011-01-23 10:02:44

daveschutt wrote:

I primarily use my with the XLR direct out to FOH sound system and prefer having the volume/wah pedal on all the presets so I'm just trying to save time by figuring out which of the setlists would be the best starting point.

You'll probably want Nick's set list since it contains the cab modeling.  The one I created was for playing through a guitar amp where the cab modeling would be redundant.  The difference on the wah/volume pedals order is just a preference.  Nick used a volume pedal effect which uses an FX slot and mine mapped the volume pedal to the amp models channel volume which frees up an FX slot and provides similar control.  Once you get comfortable with the HD Edit program play around with these.  It's really very easy to setup the pedalboard to do exactly what you want rather than retraining yourself to just use it how someone else configured it.

You could also just download each of them and load them into separate set list banks.  Being able to listen to one then flip to other will make some of the differences much more apparent.  You may find you like some of the amp model Pre's better than the full with cabs.  There really isn't a right answer, just guidelines.

by richardwhite2009 on 2011-01-23 17:13:01

Thanks for sharing with the community Nick!

by jcosta_sr on 2011-04-27 13:13:08

Great Work.  Thanks to all........

by markcsomers on 2011-05-09 13:18:18

This is such a great idea!  I was trying to use the HD500 as a "pedal board" by setting up a patch with different stomp boxes assigned to each switch (ie: delay/boost/crunch/distortion).  This is an even better idea . . . much more simple.  Thanks!

by davidh on 2011-06-10 04:43:33

HI Nick, I just loaded your 16 amp set list. however I messed up and put it over the best of HD 500 list wich is now gone . can you tell me the best way to get it back. Thanks for your work on the amp set list, That is a very cool thing to have. I just want to get the best of HD 500 back so I can use it as a reference point . Thank's Dave.. 

by sundalen on 2011-06-21 14:51:21

Hi

Has anyone made a new bundle like this after the new amps came available?

I would so much appreciate it. And if it`s made, where can I find it?

Thanks

by darligre on 2011-07-14 13:06:47
I'm new to this pedal.  Can you have your presets and the ones it came with the same time?  I still haven't grasped how this whole setup works.

by rudyardklamport on 2011-09-29 02:57:55

Hello Nick,

I hv a Pod HD500 and would like to get guitar patches hard rock style for rythm, solos etc. Am using 2 power amps with the pod. Would like to have new programmed sounds.

Thanks for ye help.

Rudy

by JB1973 on 2011-11-30 17:26:55

thx again i was re-looking for this

by icyhell on 2012-01-16 03:07:00

This is great, thank you very much!

by rmaginnis on 2012-01-17 14:20:46

Thanks Nick for your hard work and BBenham for the additional tweeks.Great sounds and great place to start.

I did noticed that when I go from one tone patch to another , for example 1 A  >  1B , or whatever you decide to change it to, that the volume levels from one to the other are not in sinc.In other words when i make the change there is a drastic boost in volume.What do I need to do to level the volumes and make them more equal to one another ?

I hope this is'nt to rudimental a question .

Cheers

Rob

by Nick_Mattocks on 2012-01-18 02:34:12

Hi Rob

The set list was created as a quick and dirty answer to a forum member's request back when there were only 16 amp models. The basis of it was for me to create a simple template with a few FX included but no amp model and then to copy that template to preset location 1A and add an amp model in a fairly clean representation of how it could sound.  The next step was to copy that same preset to location 1B and add a bit of dirt.  Similarly copying and adding more gain to slots 1C and 1D achieved patches with more drive and sustain. 

Then for 2A it was a simple matter of copying the previous patch and changing the amp model.

In all instances patch D is deliberately a bit louder on the Volume control and intended as a Solo patch but the other patches in each bank should be fairly even as I recall, but that may depend upon what you are using to monitor them.  At the time the set list was created the base amp models did have somewhat more variance in level than perhaps they do now, so as I deliberately didn't go to any lengths of drastically altering levels between banks, you would need to level the banks to your own taste.  You'd do this by adjusting the level of the Volume control for each patch and re-saving each patch as you go along.

Nick

by rmaginnis on 2012-01-19 19:20:17

Hi Nick , ok I understand your explanation. I think the mistake im making is that I am treating each patch ex: 1A , 1B , 1C, 1D  etc etc etc  as individual songs when I should be treating each combined section as an individual song template ? Or could I still treat each patch as an individual song and gradually increase intensity with foot switches 1>4 ?

Rob

by jl398m on 2012-02-05 14:54:23

I just added the set list from Nick, but can't seem to get any sound from them. I'm using headphones and get sound with the tuner and the setlists that shipped with the unit. I can see the new set list switch to them, but get no sound. Any ideas?

by i8guitar on 2012-02-06 12:38:12

Thanks to the OP and everyone else who contributed to this thread!

by holeshot1982 on 2012-02-08 12:19:48

tagged...Thanks

by blackhawks3310 on 2012-05-23 20:32:21

I am having issues with large increases in volume when switching between patches, can you explain how to fix this.

by johnpicton on 2012-05-23 23:36:29

I know this thread is about the HD500 - when it was started there wasn't a way to post HD500 topics.

If your question is related to the HD500 I suggest posting it here instead (the HD500 forum) http://line6.com/support/community/support/pod_support/pod_hd?view=discussions&start=0">http://line6.com/support/community/support/pod_support/pod_hd?view=discussions&start=0">http://line6.com/support/community/support/pod_support/pod_hd?view=discussions&start=0

Remember to mark your question as a question when you post it.

by blackhawks3310 on 2012-05-24 11:13:54

This is a question regarding the Set List Nick_Mattocks made called the 16x4 that you improved upon.

Oct 16, 2010 11:21 AM

HD500 Set list

Nick_Mattocks

I am having issues with large progressive increases in volume when switching between patches A to B to C to D. Can you explain the best way for me to equalize the volume between each patch without affecting the overall tone of each patch? This way when I switch between patches the volume remains fairly consistent, but the overall tone stays the same.

There are so many different areas to change the volume that I don't know where to start and how to be consistent with each patch. For instance, there is volume controls on the front of my actual amp that I am playing out of the front of (fender deluxe reverb), there is a volume knob on the HD500, there is a Master Volume knob on the HD500, there is the Volume Footpedal effect, and then each FX block has an output parameter that afffects the volume as well.

Where should all of these controls be set so that there is contistancy between each patch?

by paparoach0322 on 2012-05-28 10:41:10

jl398m, I'm getting the same thing. I presume this is an easy switch I'm overlooking somewhere. Anyone out there that can help a rookie HD500 user out?

by garypen on 2012-05-30 01:01:43

Disclaimer: I'm no expert. I'm just exploring and figuring things out as I go along.

Like you I noticed there are significant variations in volume both between different amp models (i.e. gibtone or treadplate, etc...) and within each individual amp model (i.e. A -> D).

For my purposes this isn't very useful. I play live and like the flexibility of choosing different amp models for different songs, but don't want to be messing around with volume levels each time I choose a different amp. Also, the variations between patches within an amp selection are too great. You can barely hear clean in my setup for some amps (e.g.: gibtone) and others (e.g.: Brit J-800) are practically blowing my speakers apart.

Here are my goals:

- Same organisation of my setlist as introduced by Nick Mattocks.

- Each amp has 4 different settings. Setting A is amp default, B -> D represent increasing levels of gain in equal increments from the default value (A) to maximum gain, 100%, (D).

- Setting X (A, B, C or D) in any given amp model should have approximately the same volume as setting X in any other amp model (as measured by maximum DB in a DAW).

- Try to preserve the tonal qualities of each amp model (hence, base setting A on default gain).

I sat down yesterday to try and resolve this problem. I'm trying to preserve the tone qualities for each amp model, but equalize the volume levels between different patch sets.

Here's how I'm approaching it.

1. Hook up my HD500 to my computer and startup your DAW and HD500 Edit. My config is Mac Mini + Reaper, but whatever combo should work for you.

2. Make sure your HD500 output switch is set to "line" and not "amp". (remember to change it back afterwards when connecting to your amp.)

3. Choose a "quiet" amp model (I think the "quietest" patch is the gibtone, but I may be wrong. That's what I'm using anyway.)

4. For patch A, just use the default parameters and make a note of the default gain.

5. Strum a few chords on your guitar and note the max DB level in your DAW. In my case, it's about -27DB.

6. For each patch B(1), C(2), D(3) do this:

Gain Level = Defaut Gain + ((100 - Default Gain) * patch number / 3)

e.g. gibtone default gain = 44%

Gain Level for patch C on Gibtone = 44 +  ((100 - 44) * 2/3) = (approx) 81

7. Capture the DB level for each patch. On my setup this results in:

gibtone

A = -27

B = -23

C = -16

D = -12

(Make your mind up as to whether this represents a reasonable volume difference between each patch. In my case, it is a good volume difference (step). If not, you will need to use the mixer settings here to modify the volume levels appropriately. This is a crucial part of the whole process, you have to be happy that they differences between each step A->B->C->D are what you desire.)

8. Repeat this process for every amp which you are interested in using. You'll find that the default gain settings are different for every amp. In order to get the volume levels right, you'll need to use the mixer controls for each different amp to get the target levels correct for each amp model.

9. Once you've got one set of patches, you can repeat this process for each amp model you are interested in.

I won't pretend this isn't time consuming. It took me three or four hours of fiddling around in HD500 Edit before settling on this approach and then another three hours or so to actually create the patches (I got faster as I went along) for the amps I was interested in (9 of them).

The worst thing is when you realise you made a mistake in one controller setting and then have to repeat that setting for each different patch. I really wish the HD500 Edit software was better. My wishlist includes:

- Text format file for setlists so you can edit them manually in your favourite text editor. That would be so much easier for "batch" editing

- Failing that, a much smarter GUI which allows copying within setlists and copying multiple patches at the same time and targetted copying between setlists

I'd be interested in any feedback on the validity of this approach or improvements that anyone can suggest.

Cheers,

Gary

by blackhawks3310 on 2012-05-30 08:58:09

Hey Gary!

Could you upload your patches so that I can download them????

by garypen on 2012-05-30 23:24:16

Hi,

I'll upload them when they are finished/I am happy with them. I'm not there yet and it might take me some while before I am.

It's really difficult to equalize the volume levels across the different amp types... I'm beginning to wonder if it's a valid approach. A good example is comparing one of the high gain models, say treadplate, with a low gain (quiet) model like the gibtone. It's possible to equalize (volume) the two amps, but not at the default levels of gain. If you don't have the default gain attributes, then you lose the "tone" or "sound" of the amp model...

I'll keep working on it.

Gary

by blackhawks3310 on 2012-06-12 06:11:09

Hi garypen,

I was wondering if you were able to complete your patches and upload them? I just bought a DT50 head and Avatar cab, and chopping at the bit to start exploring some tones!

by jtpratt on 2012-09-06 07:52:48

I've saved several of these h5b files listed in this thread, but my Line 5 edit software wants h5e files to open.  It gives an error when opening the h5b files here.  How can I use these files?

also are there other set lists like this in the main forum - because trying to search for them is just useless.

any help appreciated.

by johnpicton on 2012-09-06 14:04:02

the .h5b files are bundle files not set lists. To open them in Line 6 Edit you need to go to the file menu and select open bundle - not open set list or even just open. It must be the open bundle command.

Good luck.

Cheers

John

by diggerbarnz on 2012-09-07 15:26:18

Agreed - awesome contribution!

I need help tho - lol...in "adding" to one patch I'm wanting to use tone on guitar to control tremelo speed, but it's also affecting tone - how do I remedy this?

by jasonk931 on 2012-09-22 16:30:53

Need help!!! can anyone in this forum help with this simple (yet hard for this newbie) issue???

Issue: When I am program a song in my set list. Lets say I want to add  delay in the chain...I know how to add the delay, but how do I get it to correspond to one of the second row foot switches to turn it off if I need in the midst of a song. Would be most helpful. I'm a worship leader and I need to do this fast. Thanks for any help.

by markjolley on 2012-10-06 06:46:18

According to a video I just watched on Line 6's site you can copy a preset by holding control key as you click and drag to a new spot. Here it is: http://youtu.be/3IKbUbisZJE?t=4m40s">http://youtu.be/3IKbUbisZJE?t=4m40s">http://youtu.be/3IKbUbisZJE?t=4m40s

by markjolley on 2012-10-06 06:50:44

Did you get your factory setlist back? Any one of us can save ours and attach it here for you. Let me know.

by markjolley on 2012-10-06 06:55:48

If you're talking about FS5-8, you have to set the pedal to use those controls in the Setup. Look at page 2.2 and 4.5 in the Advanced Guide. By default they control the presets. To make them control the effects you have to change it. (they will still control presets, but it adds an extra step if I understand it correctly)

Download it here:

http://line6.com/data/6/0a06434dfb244f7b7f489af64/application/pdf/POD%20HD500%20Advanced%20Guide%20v2.0%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf">http://line6.com/data/6/0a06434dfb244f7b7f489af64/application/pdf/POD%20HD500%20Advanced%20Guide%20v2.0%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf">http://line6.com/data/6/0a06434dfb244f7b7f489af64/application/pdf/POD%20HD500%20Advanced%20Guide%20v2.0%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

It may also be helpful to use Performance View by pressing the "view" button. It puts each box/effect in the same orientation as your foot switches and it puts a label under them so it's easier to remember what the effect is (in case you can't remember what each graphical symbol stands for). Makes more sense to me. That way it's easier to turn effects on and off on the fly.

I'm testng mine out in worhsip this Sunday for the first time!

by edcollis on 2012-10-23 08:37:31

You seem to have all the information I lack. So if I may ask you a question I have not been able to find an answer to. I purchased a hd500 that was second hand and the set list are nothing like the ones I have in the hd500 I bought new. For example there are only 3 user banks in the second hand pod and there is also a set for bass/acoustic/vocal. My new one didnt come with any of that. What do you think is going on here, and is it possible to make them the same?

Thanks Ed

by silverhead on 2012-10-23 08:50:45

You should use HD500 Edit to backup all of your existing setlists to your computer. Then run Line 6 Monkey to update your HD500 firmware, choosing to replace existing presets. Also update HD500 Edit. After doing that, reset the global parameters and calibrate the pedal. Then you can use HD500 Edit again to restore any saved setlists if you wish.

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2057">http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2057">http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2057

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2222">http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2222">http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2222

Note: you should do this on both your HD500 devices. There was a new firmware release last week that you should get.

by adamhartley on 2013-04-10 04:02:14

Nice work mate, very helpful, I've been gigging for a while with the pod HD500 to a DT25 via link cable for a while and while being happy, can't help feeling I'm not getting the best out of the 2 together. I've been using my patches with no cab, but noticing most custom tones on this site include a cab and mic with the pre models. Why is this?

Also, playing Hotel and club gigs, I find even with preamp volumes in the hd500 set somewhere around 35 to 40%, my DT25 balances nicely volume wise with the drummer ( I'm using a Marshall 2x12 cab ) when set at about 9 to 10 o'clock depending on the venue. I know this isn't getting the power amp working as sweetly as it can at higher volumes. Any tips?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.