These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

TonePort UX2 problem and windows 7, clicks, digital noise
by ger07 on 2011-11-09 06:54:43
Hello, I have a TonePort UX2 and I'm having problems with digital noise and clicks in windows 7, windows xp used before and had no problems, but now with windows 7 I can not getsound without clicks. I tried installing all versions of drivers but I keep the page with the problem.

I hope I can help, thanks German

RE: TonePort UX2 problem and windows 7, clicks, digital noise
by Line6david on 2011-11-09 16:47:36

Hi,

This issue could be related to a number of things. First check your connections.

Have you tried connecting to different USB Ports?

Are you using a USB hub?

Make sure you have the latest drivers installed:

http://line6.com/software/

Then try the optimizations in our USB Troubleshooting Guide:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4282

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: TonePort UX2 problem and windows 7, clicks, digital noise
by kfbacken on 2011-11-10 05:54:50

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. I have UX1 with latest drivers on Win7, fully updated.

I know all connections are good since I have multiboot with WinXP and UbuntuStudio on the same computer.

I only get noise in Win7. The noise is there no matter what source the sound comes from, whether it is media players, streaming music or videos. However I do not get noise when I play my guitar through GearBox.

The noise is not constant, but high frequency clicks and pops and digital noise that sometimes lasts up to a second, and the noise appears with intervals of only a few seconds.

The "solution" I found is to have GearBox open at all times. (I put a shortcut in the startup folder so it starts with windows) Since I then have to have GearBox open whenever I need sound, this is not a very good solution, but it takes care of the noise problem...

Hope this helps users to get rid of the noise temporarily, and Line6 to remove the problem permanently with updated drivers.

Best regards Fredrik Backen

by ger07 on 2011-11-10 06:06:38
Thank you very much for the reply, I tell them I have a PC with Intel Core i5 processor, 8GBram, windows 7 64bit, after trying all the drivers of the page I continue with the same problem, now also stops working gear box and cut the sound is very annoying, I'm trying for many days and I still have problems. I have no USB hubs and USB port probe change.

Thanks for your time, German greetings

by Line6Don on 2011-11-15 13:09:04

Hey ger07,

If you have updated your drivers and tried all available USB ports and still receiving pops and clicks, you might need to try increasing the buffer size of the Line 6 Audio driver. Open your Windows Control Panel, launch the Line 6 Audio-MIDI devices menu and increase the buffer size on the driver tab.

To ensure your Windows Vista or 7 computer is optimized to work with audio processing, please follow the link below for a official Microsoft optimization guide:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Optimize-Windows-7-for-better-performance

by Line6Don on 2011-11-18 14:35:22

Hey ger07,

It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open a support thread within our support community and we will answer your questions accordingly.

Thanks!

by savalfer on 2012-12-18 12:13:02

Hello,

Have you tried to plug on USB 3.0 if you have this on your motherboard.

With USB port 2.0 thats not good work.

Sorry for my language.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.