These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD 500: Hoping this unit isn't defective.
by guetaminute on 2012-01-04 18:54:54

Well, a number of issues. My PC kept bluescreening for a while when the POD was connected. Sometimes while fiddling with the Edit software a loud, huge buzzing screeching noise occurs out of nowhere, killing my ears and headphones. I'm kinda scared to even play with the EDIT software. When recording with Reaper, the sound quality decreases greatly. I hope someone can please help me with these problems.

Re: POD HD 500: Hoping this unit isn't defective.
by DeanDinosaur on 2012-01-05 05:30:20

What operating system are you using?

by guetaminute on 2012-01-05 13:04:03

Windows 7 Home Premium. The error at blue screen was bad_pool_header. The noise wasn't happening last time I used it but I had the master vol. very low all the time just to make sure. The quality with Reaper doesnt decrease that much as I exaggerated but it's not as good as directly from pod.

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-01-05 15:05:09

What I can advice based on what I know so far is that you should have the Master volume at maximum (the hardware knob on the actual physical unit); then adjust the volume with the channel volume of the amp whenever possible.  Better yet how about downloading the latest POD USB driver which gives you an extra 18db of boost so you can record using USB into reaper. Make sure in reaper to use the right ASIO driver for your pod and if you need help with that let us know.

by guetaminute on 2012-01-05 20:41:11

Seems I'm not the only one who had the squeezing pitch problem. That was the software. I'll be using Pod farm 2 from now on. Just a question, how do I switch set lists on the pod without the software?

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-01-06 04:25:37

Push presets Knob, use the 4 way button to navigate to the set list you want, Press enter

by Line6Don on 2012-01-12 14:56:36

What version of POD HD500 Edit are you using? What version of POD HD500 flash memory do you have installed into your POD?

If you have recently updated to the latest 1.40 flash memory, make sure to perform a global settings reset and pedal calibration after you haved updated. Instructions for how to do so are available at the link below:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2222

As">http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2222">http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2222

Asfor the noise you experienced, have you been able to consistently reproduce the noise? If so can you please provide us with a step by step recipe to reproduce the problem?

Thanks.

by estuaic on 2013-01-25 06:37:17

Hi, signed up to say I'm having a similar problem to the OP.

I bought a POD HD desktop this week, installed it at the same time as Reaper and I'm getting frequent blue screen of death crashes which I can't pinpoint to the Pod or the software.

I'm running windows 8 64 bit and Reaper 64 bit.

I update the firmware and everything else on the Pod as soon as I got it. Found this thread by googling the error code "bad_pool_header"

by Akeron on 2013-01-25 08:22:34

Sometimes if you unplug the power supply cable from the POD and you have Reaper opened, you may get a General Protection Fault (the classical blue screen). You have to close Reaper first and then unplug the cable.

by estuaic on 2013-01-26 04:26:51

Everything has been still plugged in and turned on when it has happened each time. Google says the error is most likely a USB driver issue (usually with external hard disks which I'm not using).

Having said that I had a session of about 5 hours after posting yesterday without any crashes at all, so maybe a registry error has resolved itself, don't really know...

I'm just posting so that if it is a fault with the driver or firmware, line 6 can see it's not an isloated case.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.