These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

Android?
by antonioctd on 2012-09-14 10:37:55

Any chance of an app for android tablets?

Re: Android?
by theShowmakers on 2012-09-14 23:24:39

And also for Windows tablets?

by blomasky on 2012-09-15 18:08:29

Also a native MAC application so I can use my laptop to control the SS.

bruce

by antonioctd on 2012-09-17 04:35:41

UP

I would like to know what the line6 guys have to say about this!

I don't like Apple products because they are very closed... I'm a open source entusiast.

I own a M20d and I would like to use all it's capacity without having to give money to Apple!

by Kaivtroll on 2012-12-30 08:35:13

I second any request for Android products

by Stickster on 2013-01-01 15:02:38

I understand the nature of doing this kind of app development, and that an Android app would be a significant undertaking for Line 6. However, it really would be much appreciated since I already own an Android tablet and would love to not have to buy an additional Apple tablet to remote control my M20d! I suspect many M20d owners (or prospective owners) are in a similar situation. As Strategy Analytics recently reported, Android is rapidly narrowing the market share gap with Apple iPad: http://www.strategyanalytics.com/default.aspx?mod=pressreleaseviewer&a0=5167

However,">http://www.strategyanalytics.com/default.aspx?mod=pressreleaseviewer&a0=5167">http://www.strategyanalytics.com/default.aspx?mod=pressreleaseviewer&a0=5167

However,the question is probably, how many musicians making use of the M20d are not using iPads? The general public might be embracing Android but that doesn't mean musicians in general do, nor the target audience for the M20d. Maybe I'm an outlier here. But I still would love to use my existing tablet for FOH mixing. Hope the guys at Line 6 will consider this, but even if it can't happen, it doesn't dim my love of the M20d.

by TheRealZap on 2013-01-01 16:48:47

Stickster wrote:

However, the question is probably, how many musicians making use of the M20d are not using iPads?

more like how many people that drop 2k plus on the mixer (and who knows what on their speaker selections...)

would be too broke to buy an ipad.... just food for thought as i own both... and for many reasons like this, when it comes to phones and tablets the closed system works better.

by Octo777 on 2013-01-03 14:53:19

Indeed. I just dropped a shade over £6000 for an M20d, 2 L3s' and 3 L3m's. Granted I ordered before the 31st December to take advantage of the rebates, but I am not about to use the £600 I saved on buying an iPad.

I do however have a Nexus 7 Android Tab winging it's way to me and so an Android app for the M20d would be rather good!

by TheRealZap on 2013-01-03 15:29:51

yeah it'd be nice for sure... don't disagree with that.

by chrisinstone on 2013-01-07 14:17:09

I agree. I would definitely prefer something other than Apple for my M20D mixer that I "own."

by groovedggr on 2013-01-23 23:31:18

Congrats on your dreamstage. I think you'll find that being able to use the ipad during the show is worth the extra money it costs over the android. I have a blast using stagescape on ipad and the musicians appreciate the control I have over the sound.

by mishulix on 2013-02-09 09:50:27

I do not understand what would an iPad do more than a Android based tablet in this situation? It's just a hardware support for an app. Musicians and audience dont care if you have an iPad or a Assus Transformer, for that matter. I already have an Android tablet, so I am forced to buy another one for the M20d, which I find unecesary. I'll eventually get an iPad if there is not an Android app till my purchase of the M20d, and I find I can't live without it, but I'd rather not buy Apple stuff. Useless waste of money, which would be better spent elsewhere. I do not support their way of doing things (recent time behaviour) so I don't want to support them in any way. And Android tablets are already bigger sellers than iPads so they must be taken in consideration.

by mcj30606 on 2013-02-14 17:44:39

++++++ for android app. 2 members of my band alredy use android tablets for lyrics. An android app would give my recent purchase much more bang for the buck than having to go buy ipads on top of the $2k for the board.

by line6jonb on 2013-02-27 16:05:59

At this time, only iPad devices are supported for remote control of the StageScape.  As to whether or not this can be something in a future firmware, I cannot say either way.  However, the more users request features like this, the more it increases the chances of those features being seen in the future.  Feature requests can be done at the web address below:

http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

">http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/">http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

by jeanpicasso on 2013-02-28 04:34:11

I understand why theres no android version out..yet.

Having in mind that the different iPads are very similar in they internal build up or architecture, they are very much easier to develop apps to.

The fact that android tabs come in all shapes and sizes is in case actually a bad thing, cause it makes them more difficult to develop apps to.

by fourthtunz on 2013-03-14 16:21:22

All good points and folks have to remember when line 6 started this project the Ipad was probably still king of the hill if not the only game in town?

I don't know, I'm asking.

I can't imagine how costly it is to develop for more than one platform?

I like my ipad but I'll use whatever works the best for the money and right now for me, that's the ipad.

In any event, the m20d looks amazing, I sold my presonus to get one!

by eklynx on 2013-03-28 12:18:35

Any chance of releasing the network protocol documentation so third party developers can make applications?

by litesnsirens on 2013-03-28 13:51:32

I don't want to start an apple vs everyone else debate but I am an apple user, I guess it's about 5 years since I switched over.  I would have to agree that the reason that it's easier to develop for apple is a) they are very stable, since they have control over the operating system and hardware used to run that system, they can ensure that it all works seemlessly.  And b) they are probably the most popular single brand tablet out there.

So if Line 6 wants to ensure functionality to the point where they can make it a selling feature and still make it potentially available to the highest number of people they end up having to develop for the ipad.  That said, if they can develop for Android and other platforms at this point they can offer it as a beta and not have to promise reliable performance until is proven out.

by malcevansmusic on 2013-03-29 00:59:02

Please develop your software for Android tablet!

by Stickster on 2013-04-12 06:24:41

@malcevansmusic: Please use the link that Line 6 kindly provided above. That's where they take customer feedback most efficiently.

by Nicolazy on 2013-04-17 13:09:19

I agree. I would like an answer from Line 6 about this topic. I had a hard time raising the money for the StageScape and prefer to keep the money you would use on the iPad in other peripherals.

Greetings from Argentina. I am Nicolazy

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.