Bass POD Pro Features
- Bass Amp Models: 16, customizable
- Digital Effects: 16
- Cabinet Models: 16
- User Programmable Channels: 36
- Headphone out & Midi: Yes
- D.I. Output: 24-bit Digital Outputs (ASE/EBU and S/PDIF) with sync to external word clock
- Output Dual mode XLR balanced direct outs, dual 1/4" unbalanced outs
Out 1 - model sound out
Out 2 - unprocessed direct out (DI)
- Award winning Line 6 Amp Models that emulate an all-star collection of legendary amplifiers.
- 36 user memory locations so that you can create your own customized collection of killer sounds. Organize them to match your set list, your session needs, or any doggone thing you want. After all, it's YOUR POD!
- Separate Headphone output to keep your neighbors (or your spouse, for that matter) from staging a counterattack when you're writing that first big hit in your apartment at 3am.
- Chromatic Tuner, because playing out of tune isn't cool.
- Cabinet Tuning Mode. The Amp/Direct switch allows POD to be optimized for different applications. Select Direct when running POD directly into a mixer or recorder. Select Amp when using POD as a tone-shaping front end for another amp. POD delivers several tuning modes for the Amp position, selectable at power-up. For example, by default, POD products for guitar expect to be plugged into the guitar input of an open-backed combo. Other tuning modes allow POD to be optimized for connection to the power amp input of a closed-back system, or into closed-back cabinets.
Dual Channel (Amp and DI) Balanced or Unbalanced +4/-10 outputs
Unique dual outputs allow a mix of modeled bass amp sounds and direct sound - with effects always available at the modeled output and optional on the direct output.
Select amp and cab models and effects with A.I.R. The Line 6 innovation, A.I.R. (Acoustically Integrated Recording outputs) simulates the interaction of amplifiers, cabinets, speakers, microphones and the recording room during the recording process.
Direct out available simultaneous with the modeled output. Effects are optional via the Apply FX to D.I. switch
Dual Mode Outputs
Live Mode: Simultaneous feeds for on-stage amp and PA mixer. 1/4 inch model output carries both DI and modeled signal without A.I.R. to the stage amp. XLR carries the mic level DI and modeled signals with speaker simulation to the PA.
Studio Mode: Both XLR and 1/4 inch outputs carry the DI and modeled signal with A.I.R. to the recording console. 1/4 inch is -10dBV; XLR is +4dBu.
Bass POD Pro has a full-time, studio quality compressor modeled from the studio standard LA-2A.
Cabinet Tuning Modes
Four cabinet tuning modes let you optimize the output of Bass POD Pro to your choice of speaker/cab configurations.
- A. Standard Tuning - This setting is ideal for full-range systems (and is the default setting)
- B. Bass Boost - Try this setting with small diameter speakers
- C. Mid Boost - Try this setting to enhance mid presence.
- D. Treble Boost - Use this setting when driving bass-heavy cabs
Any or all of the sounds in Bass POD Pro can be transferred to (and from) any other Bass POD or Bass POD Pro with a simple MIDI connection. In addition, an expanding ToneTransfer library of sounds is available at www.line6.com. Users can search the library by musical style, artist, etc, access tones with SoundDiver software, and add their own tones to the library.
Included Mac/PC SoundDiver™ software from emagic™ for "Deep Editing" and Sound Exchange.
All product names used in this webpage are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6. These trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds were studied during Line 6’s sound model development.